Are you thinking of fun and easy ways to spruce up your Bamboo shoes? Then this do-it-your-way project is perfect for you!
The other day, I almost threw out a pair of ballet flats. It was already well worn and I don’t know what else to do with it so I thought of finding the perfect do-it-your-way project to reinvent my shoes. I came across this do-it-your-way project from Nik of LHDCtv.com – and it’s just so pretty! What I love about putting lace on my shoes is that it’s very easy. Now, my ballet flats are still usable and in fashion.
- A pair of plain shoes.
- You can use ballet flats, wedge boots or Oxfords depending on your preference
- Fabric glue
- Flat paint brush
- Lace fabric in any color
- Newspapers or mat
- Line your work area with newspaper or mat to serve as protection while doing the project.
- Put a small amount of glue on the surface of the shoe.
- Use the flat paint brush to spread fabric glue all over the shoe.
- Once you've spread the glue all over the shoes, cover it with lace cloth. Remember to allow about half an inch of excess cloth at the bottom of your shoe. This excess cloth will be used to make sure that the shoe is fully covered in lace.
- Press the lace on the shoe to make sure that it’s glued well.
- From the middle of the shoe hole, cut the lace so that you’ll be able to insert your foot again. Make sure to allow at least half an inch of lace to help you even out the top design.
- Then, brush a light coat of fabric glue on the inside of your shoes.
- Fold the excess lace inside your shoes and press it against the glue.
- Set it aside and repeat steps 1 to 8 for the other foot of your shoes.
- Let the pair dry before using it.