Today, I’m going to share with you a couple of tips I learned from a wonderful DIY video from fashion goddesses Michelle Phan and Chriselle Lim. In less than 3 minutes, I learned how to turn any accessory vintage and add much personality to it. This technique works wonders for wholesale fashion jewelry pieces that are bought in bulk. Let’s face it, these pieces can almost always use some boast in the eye catching department in order to really standout and look like a thousand bucks. Turning fashion jewelry pieces vintage never failed to add that much needed pizzazz to a piece that will intern turn the glam factor of any outfit up a notch. This is a great way to personalize and give jewelry pieces a taste of your personal style.
What you’ll need:
- Find a jewelry piece that you want to turn vintage (In the video, Michelle and Chriselle used a long chained necklace with a huge pendant that has clear white gems)
- Black marker
- Brown or gray marker
- Cotton swab
- Nail polish remover
What to do:
- Place the pendant or jewelry piece on a stable surface
- Start coloring the gems using your black marker – try not to fill them completely because this will give a more natural look
- Add shades of brown or gray marker on top of the black coloring
- Once you are doing this for all of the gems, take a cotton swab and dip it in nail polish remover
- Glide the cotton swab lightly above the coloring to give it a lightly washed look. The goal is to thin out some areas for a more natural look.
- Let the piece air dry for a couple of hours. Wearing it right after the procedure in not really the best idea – it will still definitely smell like markers.
Now, looking glamorous anytime should never be hard on the budget with techniques like this.